Sunday, September 21, 2008

For the love of Pyrex ...

I broke my liquid measuring cup.

It shattered into thousands of tiny bits and pieces.

All over the kitchen floor.

And why did it break? Because I was playing daredevil - how many clean dishes that were just handwashed can be stacked before they fall ... and the only piece that fell was my one and only liquid measuring cup.

It shouldn't upset me so much. Excepting that they measure ingredients here by weight.

I purchased some great dry measuring cups - metal Kitchenaid brand at Kohl's with my mom before leaving Ohio.

But I didn't think I'd really need more than one liquid Pyrex.

It's been indestructable up to now.

And now, I'll have to wait until next summer, when my sis and her fam come to visit to bring another one - it isn't exactly the type of thing you'd mail ...

I'm still sad though. I miss my Pyrex.

3 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

Oh bugger. The way European's cook. Would drive me crazy, even if it is much, much more accurate.

Heather said...

Not good. I had a glass baker explode into a million shards in the oven dripping hot tomato pie all over the insides -- but, of course, I could buy a new baker the next day.

That sort of sucks. Maybe you could have someone mail you a plastic one?

Anonymous said...

You should be able to find a measuring cup with cups indicated on it here in Germany. Check the cooking section of your local Müller store. I found a plastic one there--it's not the heat resistant pyrex, but it does the job for all the other liquids I measure.

Followers

Who's been here