Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fill 'er up!

So there.

I've done it.

Begun my first 24-hour urine collection of this pregnancy.

I know, eww, gross. Believe me, I know. I mean, *I* am the one peeing in an old tupperware container (actually, it may be gladware) and filling up the jug the hospital gave me. And *I* am the one that has to make sure every last drop gets measured and that nothing goes to waste.

Oh, the joys of pregnancy!

Well, at least the joys of a high-risk pregnancy.

Why am I doing this? (peeing in a container?) To make sure my kidneys are functioning properly. To get a baseline for what my kidneys are doing at the very end of my first trimester. To monitor my organs so we can proactively plan if things go downhill like last time.

Just remember, that orange container in the fridge ... it's not juice!

3 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

Aren't they so much fun?

I've never gotten it. At the hospital they kept it on ice. When I checked with the lab, they said it didn't matter. Keep the jug in the toilet. Argh.

But, however you keep it, it totally sucks. Here's to a measure under 300!

Heather said...

Let the good times roll (or flow as it were). Hoping for a crystal clear baseline for you!

Megan said...

HAH TOO FUNNY!!!

Followers

Who's been here