Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A life of poo ...

Just want to share my experiences this past weekend ...

Dear Bubba Joe and I took a bath the other night. I decided to shower up (we only have a tub upstairs in the main bath) so after bathing him, let the water out and bathed myself. Well, right as I'm finishing my shower, Bubba Joe makes a grunting sound - as though he has to potty.

Now, let me preface everything by saying that we're not forcing anything. Maybe we're blowing our chances, but he goes when he wants to and I just don't have the energy to really focus on potty training.

Now, back to my story ...

I explain to Bubba Joe that he's not to potty in the bathtub but only in either his potty or his diaper. And then I see it. A big old piece of poo, in the tub. I screamed for BJD and got out of that tub so fast! And because I was freaking Bubba Joe started freaking too ... he stepped in it!!!

BJD came and properly disposed of the poo, washed off Bubba Joe's feet and placed him on the potty. Then bathtime was over.

Two days later ... (wouldn't ya think I'd learned already?!?) ... I'm letting Bubba Joe just air out a bit. It's been very very very hot here, and with no a/c (I'm talking 100+ degrees and ceiling fans only), I've noticed his bum getting a bit red. So, I'm letting him go commando a bit in our bedroom while tidying up a bit. And then ... I look over and between our bed and our carpet, there's a big piece of poo!!! I quickly grab Bubba Joe and remind him that we potty ONLY in the potty OR our diaper and have his bum facing out. Well, silly mommy ... he's still pooing! More poo comes out in the hallway between our bedroom and the bathroom and then *I* step in it!!!!!

I sit him on his potty - he continues to poo (way to go!) while cleaning up the rest of the poo. Ew, gross.

Needless to say, little man has been in a diaper more often.

No comments:

Followers

Who's been here