Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I've wanted to do this for a long time now ...

and looks like we're finally going to just jump right in and start. Cloth diapering that is.

With a 2nd one on the way and Bubba Joe showing no real interest in potty training, on top of finding a company that will give us a "trial" period to see if we really do like it, we're jumping in.

And that, my dear reader, is why I haven't written anything to you in a while.

I've been busy researching different types of diapers, from fabrics to covers to how to prepare them for the first use to general maintenance.

I've been busy creating excel spreadsheet after excel spreadsheet, comparing costs from various websites and building up my wish lists - including links and formulas.

And I've even had a few dreams about cloth diapers.

We're planning on ordering this week so we can prep them over the weekend and start using. We're almost out of our pampers, so we need to move soon.

I'll keep ya'll informed as to the "end result". The best part is that if we stick with it, it's SUCH a huge cost savings for our next little one. Yeah!!!

4 comments:

icedteaforme said...

I am sure you know this, but just sharing from friend's experiences that the cloth diapers that worked best for their daughters were not the same brand that worked best for their sons, not just an anatomy issue but a leg to butt ratio issue....hoping to hear all your success with your son, here is to him toilet training the minute you get the cloth diapers....our son has no interest in the potty either!

Megan said...

totally supportive over here!!! cloth ROCKS!!!!

Unknown said...

I did cloth with number two. I liked Fuzzi Bunz pocket dipes. Easy peasy. For a good non-cloth diaper irritating detergent I used Ecover. I can find it now at Edeka and I think HIT carries it now too.
I've tried Bumkins, BumGenuis, Imse Vimse, Swaddlebees and a few others if you want to know what I liked/didn't like. It worked great for us but when we moved to our new house here I got lazy with the washer being three floors below.

jen said...

do they have diaper services in krautland? how is it going?

Followers

Who's been here