Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halfway there ...

20 weeks this week. 20/40 weeks gone and (hopefully) 20 more to go.

We had our appointment today at the Uni-Klinik in Muenster. Can I just tell you how completely impressed I am with the doctors there?

Today was a high-level ultrasound. It was pretty intense and I was very nervous. It has the ability to show if something is off - increasing my risks of getting sick again.

Guess what?

It's a girl.

Seriously, it is a girl. Our regular OB said so a few weeks ago but we wanted at least one more ultrasound before announcing it to the world.

But I don't think that's what you thought I'd say - so, guess what? She's perfect! I'm perfect! So far, so good.

Now, that doesn't mean that things can't go wrong. This is life we're talking about.

But it does mean that we've made it this far and thus far, things are well, healthy. And that's all I can ask for.

I'm still seeing a doc every 2 weeks. I'm still being closely monitored.

But today, just for now, I'm relaxing into the possibility that I might just be able to have the (dare I say it?) pregnancy I've dreamt of.

10 comments:

G in Berlin said...

Yeah! Girls rock (so do boys, of course).

Heather said...

Yay, yay, yay, yay, YAY! Having the Beans added a whole different dimension to our family -- she is one wild woman (and I don't know if that can be attributed to her girl-ness or her birth order, but wow)! It's so fun watching how totally in love the second one is with the first born (no one is as funny or charming as N is in her opinion).

Mrs. Spit said...

Oh, hooray!

C N Heidelberg said...

Yay!! :D

icedteaforme said...

congrats! here is hoping that your girl pregnancy is easier than the boy, same thing happened to a friend of mine, her 1st, the boy, was horrid, then her 2nd, was a piece of cake, no gd, no bedrest, etc! keeping all fingers crossed here for you!

Unknown said...

Yeah! Go Pink! Congratulations :) I'm glad everything is good and your confirmation on the little girl is cool. Nothing like having to bring home a BOY in pink!

christina said...

That's great news! I'm so glad things are going well.

Whoah, my word verification is "Dr. Atomen". Weird.

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I'm so happy for you. I'll keep my thumbs pressed and fingers crossed that the rest goes as smoothly.

And my drs at the Uni klink are awesome too. I love 'em.

Diane Mandy said...

It's a girl! It's a girl!

I am so happy for you!

~Denise~ said...

Rock on!!!! Good to hear things are rolling along well.

Followers

Who's been here